This is the 2nd African team to take part in the World Cup and make it possible to reach the World Cup quart finals stage in 2002 when South Korea and Japan co-hosted the mega event. There are many players who are part of European clubs including that timed captain and current coach Aliou Cisse.
Senegal World Cup Friendlies Schedule 2018
Senegal haven’t impressed yet in the World Cup friendly matches so far as two of the matches are draw in result. Now they will face Luxembourg and Croatia in their next friendly matches as per the schedule mentioned below.
- 23rd March – Uzbekistan (drew 1-1)
- 27th March – Bosnia-Herzegovina (drew 0-0)
- 31st May – Luxembourg
- 8th June – Croatia
- 11th june – South Korea
Senegal World Cup Schedule 2018
Being the member of Gourp H, they would face tough companions like Japan and Poland. Colombia is one of the dangerous opponents in the same group waiting for Senegal on 28th June, 2018’ match.
- 19th June – Poland
- 24th June – Japan
- 28th June – Colombia
Aliou Cisse – Coach – Senegal – World Cup 2018
Former captain of Senegal is going to coach his team during the World Cup 2018 campaign. He was also captain of his team during World Cup 2011 and later he joined his team as Coach. Aliou also worked for Senegal Football Federation (SFF) as staff member and represented the national team in London Olympics.
Senegal Squad – World Cup 2018 – (Lineups)
Sadio Mane and Kalidou Koulibaly are two important and dangerous players ever came in history of African football. They have also created history by playing in Europe with professional and mature attitude. Koulibaly stays at defence, while Mane leads the attacking side and this combination has worked for the Senegal team in many times.
- Goalkeepers – Abdoulaye Diallo, Khadim N’Diaye, Pape Seydou N’Diaye
- Defenders – Fallou Diagne, Papy Djilobodji, Lamine Gassama, Kalidou Koulibaly, Youssouf Sabaly, Salif Sane, Pape Souare, Moussa Wague
- Midfielders – Idrissa Gueye, Cheikhou Kouyate, Alfred N’Diaye, Badou N’Diaye, Cheikh N’Doye, Henri Saivet
- Forwards – Keita Balde, Sadio Mane, M’Baye Niang, Diafra Sakho, Ismaila Sarr, Moussa Sow
On the other side, Mame Biriam unfortunately not playing the FIFA World Cup on the behalf of injury he is facing.
While Mbaye Niang will make his world cup debut. He has won three caps for Senegal.