One of the most energetic and dangerous teams of World Cup 2018 Mexico has fastened it’s seat belt to make their breath taking and attacking appearance in the mega event to be held in Russia. Like few of the of other teams, Mexico have also qualified for the FIFA World Cup 2018 with ease and that’s why opponents of Mexico from the same group are bit under pressure.
Mexico Schedule – World Cup 2018 Friendlies
The Mexican team has defeated Bosnia, Iceland and Croatia. While they are now to face Wales, Scotland and Denmark from May 28 onward.
- 1st February – Mexico vs Bosnia (won 1-0)
- 24th March – Mexico vs Iceland (won 3-0)
- 28th March – Mexico vs Croatia (lost 1-0)
- 28th May – Mexico vs Wales
- 2nd June – Scotland vs Mexico
- 9th June – Denmark vs Mexico
Mexico World Cup 2018 Fixtures/Schedule
This would face some of the dangerous teams like Germany, South Korea and Sweden as the mentioned below schedule.
- 17th June – Germany vs Mexico
- 23rd June – South Korea vs Mexico
- 27th June – Sweden vs Mexico
Coach of Mexico – FIFA World Cup 2018
This coach freshly appointed back in 2015, before starting his career as Coach, he was assistant of Stuart Pearce at Manchester City. He has a solid profile as player and coach. He has served Brazil, USA and now Mexico. He has won the title with Once Caldas and more three titles with Atletico Nacional (Columbia).
Squad of Mexico FIFA World Cup 2018 – Lineups
Javier Hernandez, one of the best players of Mexico, but currently struggling with form is looking forward to this event. Event he had not a fine start being a member of West Ham, but still the coach and selectors trust him and has given him a chance too.
- Goalkeepers – Jesus Corona, Guillermo Ochoa, Alfredo Talavera
- Defenders – Edson Alvarez, Nestor Araujo, Hugo Ayala, Jesus Gallardo, Miguel Layun, Hector Moreno, Diego Reyes, Carlos Salcedo
- Midfielders – Javier Aquino, Giovani Dos Santos, Jonathan Dos Santos, Marco Fabian, Andres Guardado, Hector Herrera
- Forwards – Jesus Corona, Javier Hernandez, Raul Jimenez, Hirving Lozano, Oribe Peralta, Carlos Vela
Andres Guardado, the skipper of Mexican team is yet a best player in team at age of 31. He has 143 international caps and obviously more to be added in his profile. He would be leading the national team in World Cup by playing in midfield. Hector Herrer, Jesus Corona and Miguel Layun are also perfectly fine and eligible & confirmed to play the world cup 201 (Russia).
Due to injury, Alfredo Talavera would miss the chance to fly to Russia along with the team, while Hirving Lozano is a rising star and he would be making debut for Mexico team during the World Cup. Rest of the team squad list is mentioned above the image.