South African Star Player and Record Breaker Hashim Amla has announced his retirement from International Cricket. Amla who debuted his Test Cricket Career in November 2004 against India, finally says good bye to it. However, he will still be playing domestic cricket and T20 Leagues. Cricket South Africa will miss the batting skills of Record Breaker. Amla said while announcing his retirement:
“I would like to thank my parents for their prayers, love and support, it is their shadow over me that enabled me to play for years under the Protea sun. Also, my family, friends and agent, my team mates and every member of the support staff throughout this incredible journey. A heartfelt thank you to every one of you!
“The fans for energizing me when times were tough, and for celebrating with me when we succeeded together. Siyabonga South Africa!
“And, of course, a very special thanks to the President and the Board at Cricket South Africa – not forgetting the Chief Executive, Mr Thabang Moroe, and his administrative team. I really appreciate all the opportunities and am truly grateful.
“Love and peace.”
During his illustrious Career, Amla made following stunning ODI records in Cricket:
- 27 ODI Hundreds
- Most ODI Hundreds by a South African Batman
- Fastest to Score 2,000 ODI Runs
- Fastest to Score 3,000 ODI Runs
- Fastest to Score 4,000 ODI Runs
- Fastest to Score 5,000 ODI Runs
- Fastest to Score 6,000 ODI Runs
- Fastest to Score 7,000 ODI Runs
The South African Record Breaker also had a marvelous Test Career with magnificent Stats:
- First South African to Score a Tipple Hundred
- second Highest Runs Scorer in tests for South Africa
Hashim Amla Cricket Stats: